Terms & Conditions
Sky Ski maintains the interactive portion(s) of their Web site as a service free of charge. By using any interactive services provided herein, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the terms, conditions and notices relating to its use.
- As a condition of your use of this Web site and the interactive services contained therein, you represent and warrant to Sky Ski that you will not use this Web site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
- This Web site contains one or more of the following interactive services: bulletin boards, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities. You agree to use such services only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular service, area, group, forum, community or other message or communication facility. In addition to any other terms or conditions of use of any bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities, you agree that when using one, you will not:
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, derogatory, defamatory, infringing, improper, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws or by rights of privacy of publicity unless you own or control such rights or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another computer.
- Advertise any goods or services for any commercial purpose.
- Offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose.
- Conduct or forward chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Download for distribution in any manner any file posted by another user of a forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices, proprietary designations, labels of the origin, source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any of the bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities.
- Sky Ski has no obligation to monitor the bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities. However, Sky Ski reserves the right at all times to disclose any information deemed by Sky Ski necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part.
- You acknowledge that communications to or with bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities are not private communications, therefore others may read your communications without your knowledge. You should always use caution when providing any personal information about yourself or your children. Sky Ski does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities and, specifically disclaims any liability with regard to same and any actions resulting from your participation. To the extent that there are moderators, forum managers or hosts, none are authorized Sky Ski spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Sky Ski.
- The information, products, and services included on this Web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. Sky Ski may make improvements and/or changes in this Web site at any time. Advice received via this Web site should not be relied upon for personal, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
- Sky Ski makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information, products, and services contained on this web site for any purpose. All such information, products, and services are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind.
- Sky Ski hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the information, products, and services contained on this web site, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
- In no event shall Sky Ski be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected
- with the use or performance of this web site,
- with the delay or inability to use this web site,
- with the provision of or failure to provide services, or
- for any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through this web site, or otherwise arising out of the use of this web site, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if Sky Ski has been advised of the possibility of damages.
- Sky Ski reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny any user access to this Web site, any interactive service herein, or any portion of this Web site without notice, and the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this Web site is offered.
- This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings, written or oral, between the parties related to the subject matter hereof. No modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by both of the parties hereto.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue shall by in the California State superior courts.
Our customer service/sales department is available Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (PST) to assist you. You may submit your order online on our secure website, or via fax 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For fax orders please print out form, state part number & full description of item and quantity. Give your name and shipping address. Your shipping address must be the same as your billing address, no exceptions. P.O. boxes are not deliverable addresses. CA residents add 8.25% sales tax. Please use part numbers when ordering. We will not be responsible for errors in parts ordered by description only!
If specialized parts are required, please consult our staff when ordering. Specific information may be needed. NO RETURNS on special order or custom items.
Order Acceptance Policy
Your receipt of an electronic order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Comptech Marine/ Sky Ski reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason or to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item.
We will ship your product as it becomes available. Usually, products ship the same day if ordered by 1:00PM, or by the next business day if your order is received after this time and for orders received on Saturday, Sunday or any major holiday. However, there may be times when the product you have ordered is out-of-stock which will delay fulfilling your order. We will keep you informed of any products that you have ordered that are out-of-stock and unavailable for immediate shipment. You may cancel your order at any time prior to shipping.
We cannot guarantee when an order will arrive. We provide shipping quotes for UPS Ground, 3 day, 2nd day, and overnight services, as well as Priority Mail service where applicable. Consider any shipping or transit time offered to you by Sky Ski only as an estimate. You will choose the level of service your order will be shipped thru upon checkout. We encourage you to order in a timely fashion to avoid delays caused by shipping or product availability.
We accept the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. There is no surcharge for using your credit card to make purchases. Please be sure to provide your exact billing address and telephone number (i.e. the address and phone number as it appears on your credit card bank/statement). Inaccurate billing information will cause your order to fail. After 3 failed attempts your credit card and your order will be locked. Your credit card will be billed upon shipment of your successful order.
We also accept PayPal for payment, you must have a current PayPal account with a verified shipping address on your account with paypal.
Returns & Warranty Returns
All returns must have a Return Authorization number and be accompanied by a copy of the original invoice or receipt of purchase. All returns must be shipped pre-paid; no C.O.D. returns will be accepted. New parts returned for credit will be subject to a 15% re-stocking fee. No return of obsolete parts. Any refused shipment returned to Comptech Marine / Sky Ski will be subject to a freight chargeback. Further orders will be delayed until charges are paid. No returns past 30 days. No returns on used items.
During the warranty period, Sky Ski will, at its option either repair or replace defective equipment. To obtain repair or replacement call Sky Ski customer service for a Return Authorization number. Then attach your name, address, phone number description of problem and proof of purchase (for example; a sales receipt or canceled check) to the product. At your expense, ship or deliver the product to the Sky Ski offices utilizing an accepted and traceable shipping method. CALL SKY SKI FOR THE SHIPPING ADDRESS. Repaired or replaced items will be returned to you at no charge.
We want to help you. Our customers are the lifeblood of our business and we want you to be happy. Almost all of our customers are nice, but a very few are abusive. The person who processes your warranty claim is just like everybody else--being nice gets the best service.
Be straight-forward. If you say " I was just riding along and my t-bar/seat tower bent....", no hydrofoil professional is going to believe you. They'll make fun of you when you leave. Metal does not spontaneously bend. Be square and accept that the hydrofoil rider is part of the equation. If you are a newbie, learn how to finesse your foil. Its not the equipment's fault if you land sideways and bend or break something.
So be polite, be honest, take responsibility and you will get the best possible service.
If it's not really a warranty problem, but you broke something and you need a financial break; ask for it: "I threw a monster roll, got sideways and couldn't recover. I landed sideways and my tower bent! Man I'm busted--lousy tips all month. Please can you help me out?" That works with us--we'll do our best to help you.
Every effort has been made to avoid errors in our print & online catalog, however it does sometimes happen. We disclaim any responsibility for any application or specification errors. We are only human and mistakes may occasionally occur. Also, please be advised that Comptech Marine / Sky Ski reserves the right to change the pricing in regards to this catalog without notice. Any unauthorized reproduction of artwork, photographs, or any other portion of this catalog without the prior written consent of Comptech Marine / Sky Ski is a violation of copyright and will be prosecuted.
Activities involving the use of the Sky Ski are by their nature HAZARDOUS. Users of the Sky Ski therefore assume the risk of bodily injury or death arising from those activities. Sky Ski is not liable to users or third parties for any incidental or consequential damages, including damages for personal injury, beyond the Sky Ski assumes for replacement or repair of its products subject to the conditions set forth herein.
Commitment to your privacy
This site is owned and operated by Sky Ski. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Sky Ski, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Definition of the Information Sky Ski gathers and keeps track of.
Sky Ski gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our message boards or forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys:
- Information Sky Ski gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to your or needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Because Sky Ski derives its revenue mainly from sponsorships and advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping our service free to users. Under no circumstances does Sky Ski divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
Sky Ski Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
1. Electronic newsletters (Dispatches)
We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Sky Ski gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
2. Message boards/forums
Users of the site Message Boards and Forums must register separately for these services (both are free of charge) in order to post messages, although they need not register to visit the site. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address.
3. "E-mail this to a friend" Service
Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking "e-mail this to a friend". The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. Sky Ski may use a system to "tag" users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
Sky Ski may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Sky Ski tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Sky Ski does break down overall usage statistics according to a users domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every browser).
Sky Ski sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and do nott like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
USE OF INFORMATION
Sky Ski uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Sky Ski never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and do not like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we do not track which terms a particular user enters.
Sky Ski creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we do not track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
Sky Ski uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Sky Ski operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users